This year’s Summit will be held at the Audubon Center at Mill Grove.
(This is not the Bird Town Summit)
Lunch will be served (hoagies, coleslaw and chips, fruit and chocolate chip cookies) along with Pot Luck. Hopefully barbecued sausage and Zucchini bread will be on the menu (hint). Everyone is welcome to bring a dish, but only if you want to.
You are welcome to invite friends, politicians, prospective backyard designers and potential trainees. We will also have a few invited guests.
From 9:00-9:30 we will discuss our progress, strategy for 2016 and vote for the “Best Backyard Design of the year.” Bring your ideas or send them in ahead of time. I will send out a list before the meeting.
Coffee will be served.
The presentations will start at 9:30. Topics for discussion and presentations will include:
- Native plant trays used in fund raising opportunities
- Ready to go Gardens
- Training schedule for 2016 and our new approach for advertising
- New DWN website
- Green Corridor—on-line Green Corridor model demonstration video
- Gift certificates available to give friends and family for 2016 Basic and Certification training
- Green Neighborhoods
- Nature Literacy
- Community Native Gardens
- Present “Best Design” of the Year Award
- Presenting new certified designers and certificates
- Leadership and innovation awards
We will have a few presentation but also stations where people can see what’s new. All the winners of Bird on a Wire Awards will have their designs for all to see. We will leave time for a social hour for those who choose to hang out.